DSRC Remote Tachograph Monitoring Systems
Regulation (EU) No 165/2014 determines that the tachograph shall be equipped with a remote communication functionality that shall enable agents of the competent control authorities to read tachograph information from passing vehicles by using remote interrogation equipment (the Remote early detection communication reader REDCR), specifically, interrogation equipment connecting wirelessly using CEN 5.8 GHz Dedicated Short Range Communication (DSRC) interfaces. It is important to understand that this functionality is intended to serve only as a pre-filter in order to select vehicles for a more thorough inspection, and it does not replace the formal inspection process as determined in the provisions of Regulation (EU) No 165/2014.
TEKSON brand offers 3 options of Remote Tachograph Monitoring (RTM):
- DTM2015 DSRC prescheduled transport inspections whereas traffic is redirected and slowed down to dedicated control area for stationary readings or with a small difference in speed between the DSRC antennas.
- DSRC RTM HS - designed for random inspections on roadside or during dynamic inspections for vehicles moving at a speed of up to 200km/h
- DSRC RTM Visual - based on PresTacho software designed for permanently installed, stationary preselection including vehicle visualization
1. DTM2015 DSRC mobile variant
DSRC antenna / transceiver is mounted on a tripod along with DTM2015 tester. This set is used for readings in the stationary mode or at a low-speed difference between the DSRC antennas. It is also possible that the REDCR antenna is mounted in or on the inspection vehicle.
3. DSRC RTM Visual stationary variant
Remote Tachograph Monitoring with DSRC HS antenna adapted to read the data from vehicles moving at a speed even over 200 km/h. DSRC system based on PresTacho software designed for permanently installed, stationary preselection, including preselected vehicle visualization. System can be mounted on gantries over the road and for example on roadside poles.
Remote Tachograph Monitoring with DTM2015 Manipulation Tester
- DTM2015 Manipulation Tester
- DSRC antenna/transceiver
- 10 m signal/power cable
- SCR DSRC card reader with rechargeable battery and AC adapter
- tripod with mounting brackets for DSRC antenna and DTM2015 tester.